Pages

Sourdough shred buns





It is no hidden fact, for those who know me well that I love bread. Sourdough, Challah, English Muffins... I turn my nose up at nothing. Recently my experiences with yeast have surpassed the instant commercial packages (lovely, none the less), but ventured into the world of sourdough. I have found it so fascinating that simply flour, water and time can produce the precursor to make something so delicious.



I am sharing with a bread recipe that I simply had to try after finding it on wildyeast. My family is not a huge fan of loaves of bread, so I shaped little buns according to the recipe. I can see why this was such a hit on the website, as it produced the most shredable bread, without commercial yeast I have ever seen. I followed it word for word because with bread baking, failure can occur with the slightest change(also you do not want a large heavy lump of dough at the end of the day). 

A lovely way of introducing sourdough bread to a family not so keen on other starches besides rice...

To Find the recipe simply go to Txfarmer’s Blog on The Fresh loaf. I did a doubled batch and it made 30x 30g buns.





Enjoy guys! Thanks for reading the first post on "The moon blushed Baker" ~(:3)


2 comments:

  1. Hello! These look absolutely delightful and just what I've been looking for to make with my starter. I did extensive searching on Txfarmer's blog and could not find the recipe, would you be able to post it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEy Greenatheart, I did post the link but here it is again.

      http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/23061/extremely-sourdough-soft-sandwich-bread-most-shreddble-soft-velvety-ever

      I love this recipe and always use it. This baker is my inspiration for bread making

      Delete